The Iglehart house is an Italianate-style house built in 1857 by Charles D. Iglehart, whose farmstead comprised the land now bounded by 111th, 115th and Rockwell Streets and Western Avenue. The two-story front portion was added in the 1870's. Back then, this area was known as Horse Thief Hollow, a place supposed to have been a refuge for horse thieves. It was designated a Chicago landmark on July 13, 1994. The current owners have lovingly renovated and restored the home. This distinctive home rests on luscious grounds with amazing outdoor space to relax and enjoy. It has been beautifully landscaped and offers a deck and patio for family gatherings or quiet relaxing. The home has been meticulously maintained. Original plaster moldings highlight the living room. The renovation included new windows, excluding the architecturally distinctive windows in the living room and hallway. New custom-built staircase. Kitchen and baths have been renovated. New main bath features subway tile, Kohler fixtures and granite counter. Back bedroom gutted 5/21, electric upgraded, partial central air added. New oversized garage built and shed. New Trex porch and railings.
Listed by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Chicago, Nancy Hotchkiss
Sold by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Starck Real Estate, Danny Barrios
Principal & Interest
Monthly Home Ins.
Listing Last updated . Some properties which appear for sale on this web site may subsequently have sold or may no longer be available. Walk Score map and data provided by Walk Score. Google map provided by Google. Bing map provided by Microsoft Corporation.
All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
Listing information courtesy of: Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Chicago